One of the most important areas to get right in our organisations is the area of finance. This is the area that will have a huge impact on the church or charity if it is not attended to properly. We can help in six main areas – Bookkeeping, Independent Examination of Accounts, Maximising Income Streams, Payroll, Finance and Grants.
It is essential that our churches and charities are seen to keep correct and accurate financial records. We can help by:
- ensuring that the financial transactions of the organisation are correctly recorded
- providing regular reports showing the organisations financial position for the Trustees to monitor
- preparing records to be sent to auditors/independent examiners
- We can help by advising you on the content of your Trustees Report for your Annual Report and Accounts and also in ensuring that
- the appropriate information is submitted to the Charities Commission on time. Prices
Fees will depend on the number of transactions and the quality of the paperwork provided and will be agreed with you prior to commencing the work.
Other services can be provided such as more in depth analysis of the figures, reconciliation with the bank accounts and separate fees will be agreed with you before provision of such services. We have good contacts with some independent examiners and may be able to arrange a competitive rate for you where we are providing you with bookkeeping services.
INDEPENDENT EXAMINATION OF ACCOUNTS
If you are a charity with an annual income of less than £250k, then we would be delighted to undertake an Independent Examination of your accounts as required by the Charity Commission. We aim to keep our prices as low as possible – but they would be dependent on the level of income of the charity and the format in which your records are kept and the way in which they could be provided to us e.g. reports from software that you use, excel spreadsheet, basic paper records etc. If you would like a quote for this service, please give us a call.
MAXIMISING INCOME STREAMS
In the current economic climate, it is essential that our organisations maximise the income that they bring in. We can help by:
- registering the organisation to be able to claim Gift Aid
- helping with preparing a Gift Aid declaration for completion by the organisation’s taxpaying donors
- record any donations that can be identified as being received from a donor that has signed a Gift Aid declaration
- complete and send off Gift Aid claims to HMRC
We can also look at the ways in which the organisation tries to raise money, amounts charged for services provided, prices paid to suppliers to help the organisation maximise income and keep a lid on costs. Prices Fees will depend on the number of transactions and the quality of the paperwork provided and will be agreed with you prior to commencing the work. Production of the paperwork to send to HMRC for payment of Gift Aid due is included.
Other services can be provided such as registering with HMRC if you are not currently claiming Gift Aid, provision of a template for Gift Aid declaration and information to give to donors explaining the benefits of Gift Aid giving and separate fees will be agreed with you before provision of such services.
If your organisation is employing staff, then they need to be paid and proper records kept. We can help by running a payroll for your organisation, producing payslips for employees, ensuring you pay the correct amounts to HMRC and preparing the end of financial year returns for HMRC and staff. Prices The prices for these services are: Set up fee is dependent on the number of employees to be added
First employee £15 per month Each additional employee £10 per month